BEST. DAY. EVER. I have to admit...I felt pretty good today. I also was fairly nervous to start the day. But they came to school, opened lockers (some better than others), ate lunch, saw their friends/classmates, had an assembly, and went home.
700+ lunches served, 48 buses in, 48 buses out, 1 student missed the bus...NO SCHEDULE PROBLEMS!!!
That's the management part of the day...so the real question, "Did we do enough to ensure that they WANT to come back tomorrow?" Here is what I saw in classrooms...
- Adults making relationships with kids
- Teachers sharing their Twitter, Instagram, Remind usernames (no students actually following or liking)
- Students excited to go to lunch
- Seating charts, assigned seats, awkward looks from a boy to a girl and vice-versa
- Worksheets, worksheets, worksheets
Did we do enough to convince them that it will be an enjoyable YEAR? We only have one chance to make a first impression...what is the forecast? Dark and stormy OR Bright & sunny. If the forecast isn't favorable, what are we going to do to change it?