Pages

Thursday, May 29, 2014

And it begins...

I have finally decided to jump into the realm of blogging about my personal growth as a leader.  I am excited to announce that I am planning to lead a book chat and will blog my personal thoughts and reflections about it (and other areas of growth and development) along the way...truly excited to be able to impact education in a broader & deeper fashion.

As I engage in my own professional development, I continue to search for ways to stretch myself and grow.  One of the ways to challenge myself is to lead a book study that has value in our field.  I have been increasingly interested in using Twitter to facilitate this type of professional development.  I'd love to see any of you who are interested participate.  It's open to ANYONE who leads or aspires to lead others in an educational setting.  Please feel free to share with your colleagues/friends.  I'll post updates/reminders via Twitter (@timothy_smith and via the hashtag) so anyone to whom this has been forwarded can participate.  Here are the details...

Book: Digital Leadership: Changing Paradigms for Changing Times by Eric Sheninger...available here

Meetings: Weekly on Twitter - Monday nights beginning June 16 from 9-10 pm using the hashtag #digiLION
-You can join from ANYWHERE so long as you can connect to Twitter...you can even join while you are on the beach or watching the Phillies game!
-How to participate in a Twitter Chat...here
-I will moderate the chat by posing a variety of questions...those who join can answer the questions OR just view the live Tweets....whatever you are comfortable with.


Schedule: Each chapter(s) should be read prior to the chat...

6/16 - Foreword & Ch. 1 The Evolving Educational Leadership
6/23 - Ch. 2 Why Schools Must Change
6/30 - Ch. 3 Keys to Leading Sustainable Change
7/7 - Ch. 4 Leading with Technology
7/14 - Ch. 5 Communication
7/21 - Ch. 6 Public Relations & Ch. 7 Branding
7/28 - Ch.8 Professional Growth and Development
8/4 - Ch. 9 Increasing Student Engagement and Enhancing Learning
8/11 - Ch. 10 Rethinking Learning Spaces and Environments
8/18 - Ch. 11 Discovering Opportunity & Ch. 12 A Call to Arms

No comments:

Post a Comment