Pages

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

An important story to tell...OURS.

So today marks the first day of a new chapter in my professional career.  I am now officially the assistant principal at my district's junior high.  For the past 4 years I had the honor of serving as the assistant principal at our largest elementary school.  During the last year, I have become more connected through Twitter and evangelized this to my colleagues (as well as anyone who would listen).  I was anxious to take another step outside my comfort zone.
Recently, I approached my superintendent with the idea of expanding the school's social media presence.  I realized that not all of my fellow administrators would be eager for that journey...but I'm not them...I needed to do it...our community needs it.  I presented that I would charge forward and lead the way.  Model what I have been saying for the past year.  Still, until just a few days ago I wasn't committed.  Sure there was already a Twitter account and I created an Instagram account as well.  But the Facebook page was left unpublished.  Today I read this post from Dr. Spike Cook...
















Thank you @ChrisWejr and @DrSpikeCook for sharing.  Thank you @deisley_scott for supporting growth.  While I didn't realize it 3 weeks ago, the sentiments of that parent is EXACTLY why this journey is so important.

No comments:

Post a Comment