Pages

Monday, September 28, 2015

The next step in my professional learning

A few months ago I embarked on a journey to begin teaching again...  

No, I didn't leave administration to go back to a high school social studies teaching position.  Now I am an adjunct professor through a local college that is offering a Master's cohort in our school district.  

The course, Contemporary Issues in Education, is the same course that lead me to leave the doctoral program I was previously enrolled in.  I'll go down that path again someday, but now the timing is just not right.

With this new journey, I've found something that I didn't realize I was missing...the opportunity to teach, to lead other professionals in their learning.  This gave me the chance to be relevant.  See the professor of that doctoral class was not that - relevant.
He is a great story teller.  Just not a practitioner that challenges my thinking or helps me grow professionally.

Here is my chance to shape students' minds in a completely different way.  For that I am truly excited...

No comments:

Post a Comment